Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Focus on the products

As I sit here thinking about what to post on my blog, (I love that word) I was thinking about what I most want to focus on.  My life in general is not that exciting and I really want to focus this year on creativity.  I hope to return to doing this full time and I have been racking my brain on how to go about it.  I think the most important part of that is networking and marketing.  If I don't set aside some time every day to make something I feel a little off kilter for the whole day.  I have finished reading the cookbook and memoirs of The Cake Boss.  He is the baker on TLC's The Cake Boss.  As I read his book it reminded me alot of the stories that my mother tells us of her Portuguese heritage.  Even though Buddy (The Cake Boss) is Italian it still was very similar to my mother's side of the family.  When I get a new cookbook I always make the first recipe in the book  no matter what it is.  So I start with Tarelles (vanilla cookies).  I had to send away for pastry flour, but as this is a main ingredient in most of the recipes I think this will  come in handy.  When I make them I will  post them to this blog.  Here are some new posts


Vintage inspired bonnets



I love the old fashioned bonnets and when my niece found out she was expecting I went on the hunt for bonnets and found.... none. So, I decided that there was a need for them after speaking with other moms who had the same need. No two bonnets are alike since I get bored making the same ones. some have pearls, some are mostly white, some mostly pink, but all are exquisite as I have been told. The are all made out of batiste and have adjustable backs and luxurious ribbons and bows. They are fully lined in batiste for added comfort. These bonnets will fit babies from newborn all the way up to 18 months and beyond. I hope you will enjoy them for years to come and they can be handed down from generation to generation.






Medical student tshirt


This little design is perfect for your favorite medical student. It is shown stitched on a green shirt, but it is better on a white shirt. Just let me know what size shirt you need and if you would like it personalized. At just 20.00 don't let this one slip away.








Porcelain Heart Plaque




This lovely heart or flower plaque looks just like an expensive Lenox piece, but at only $8.00 anyone can enjoy this dish. 
This hand painted plaque is lovely in that little narrow wall that just needs something. It has assorted beads as the handle and is just the right size. It is handpainted in pink or blue and would make a wonderful shower, housewarming gift or just a token of love. The pictures don't do this one justice. All of my glassware is painted with enamel glass paint, then baked for lasting beauty and everything is fully handwashable. Available in pink or blue or flower shaped with pink roses.



Well, that is about it for now.  I will post tomorrow.  Comment me if you have any questions.  You can also look at many more designs on my website at www.kristykreations.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment